8 week BEGINNER Salsa course – ALL WELCOME – no experience necessary.
Join us for our popular Beginner Salsa course and go from zero to hero on the dance floor!
We start on WEEK 1 with the essentials: the basic steps, timing and connections – solo and in partners – making sure everyone is comfortable at each stage before progressing.
Over the 8 weeks of the course you will learn all of the techniques and moves needed to progress to the next level. Each lesson is 1 and 1/2 hours (with a break) and we start each session with a recap of the previous week’s content before moving on to the new content for the week.
Not only does the content of our 8 week Beginner course set you up with a series of moves that can be danced in any combination, it also contains the essentials needed at both Improver and Intermediate level Salsa.
Leader vs. Follower – which should I buy?
Salsa is a partner dance where one partner leads and one partner follows. Traditionally it is the men who lead and the women who follow. You are free to book either a LEADER or FOLLOWER ticket whether man or woman – but please note that whichever role you choose you will be dancing for all 8 weeks.
No experience necessary
Thursdays: 13 Jan, 20 Jan, 27 Jan, 03 Feb, 10 Feb, 17 Feb, 24 Feb & 03 Mar.
What if I have to miss a week? No need to worry – each week starts with a recap of the previous weeks’ content so you will be able to catch up. (The course is also priced so that you are getting 12hrs of tuition for less than the price of 7hrs so you are not out of pocket if you miss a week!)
Stoke Bishop Village Hall, 42 Stoke Hill, Stoke Bishop, Bristol. BS9 1EX.
In addition to our Covid-19 guidelines please read the following relating to our classes at Stoke Bishop Village Hall.
- Numbers will be limited in class. Tickets will be issued for LEADERS and FOLLOWERS – please purchase the appropriate ticket.
- Proof of double vaccination, or a negative lateral flow test taken on the day of class, will be required for entry. For the time being we feel this is in everyone’s best interests due to the close nature of Salsa dancing – coupled with the fact that we may have vulnerable dancers with us, or dancers who have vulnerable family members.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry.
- Cancellations due to positive Covid tests, onset of Covid symptoms, or notifications to isolate will receive full refunds.
We are working to both ensure our dancers safety as well as create a fun welcoming atmosphere in class so at time of booking you will be asked how you prefer to dance in class as follows:
- Remain in couple (i.e. with the same partner all evening)
- Happy to bubble up with an additional dancer (i.e. a couple + an additional dancer if we have uneven numbers)
- Happy to rotate in class
We anticipate having a circle of dancers with a section of dancers who are staying with the same partner, a section of ‘bubbles’ of 3, and a section of ‘rotaters’.
It remains to be seen what works best but we hope to accommodate everyone’s desires in order that all attendees feel safe and welcome. This will no doubt be a work in progress so please bear with us as we find our feet – we have your best interests at heart.