Information, guidelines and rules relating to our classes & events
Class guidelines & rules
In spite of many/all regulations being relaxed we intend to keep some of our new guidelines in place in order to best protect our dancers and any vulnerable people who may come into contact with them.
It is important to understand that there are risks associated with group activities, especially dancing in partners, and by attending a salsa class you are accepting these risks.
We will continue to register all attendees and restrict numbers in class in order that we can both ensure adequate airflow for all dancers, and be able to alert all attendees should there be any cases of covid at class. Although you accept the risks by attending classes we want to ensure that anyone who attends and may have been exposed has up to date information in order to protect any relatives, friends or colleagues they may have who are vulnerable.
We will continue to work in all our dancers best interests and appreciate you following our guidelines. Failure to follow the new rules & guidelines will result in refusal of entry with no refund. This is to ensure the safety of all attendees, staff & teachers.
Thank you for your understanding.
- If you wish to attend a class you MUST pre-book/pay. This is in order that we can adhere to venue capacity limits, and so that we can reduce sign in time and contact with door staff. You can book online here.
- Drop-in attendees will NOT be admitted to class.
- Once you have booked/paid you will be emailed a ticket for class. Please bring ths ticket with you – either in digital form on your phone or printed out – NO TICKET NO ENTRY.
- On arrival at class your ticket will be scanned and your temperature will be taken with an infra-red thermometer.
- If you have paid in advance and are not able to attend, no refund will be available due to the limited numbers of attendees allowed at the venue.
- It is not mandatory to wear a mask during class but we would be grateful if you would wear one when arriving at and leaving the venue.
- Please bring your own water/drink to class as we will be unable to provide any.
- Please note that no spectators are allowed during class.
If you have or are showing any of the symptoms of Convid-19 please do not attend class, as entry will be refused.
Venue specific guidelines
In addition to the guidelines above please read the following relating to our classes at Stoke Bishop Hall in Bristol.
- Numbers will be limited in class. Tickets will be issued for LEADERS and FOLLOWERS – please purchase the appropriate ticket.
- Proof of double vaccination, or a negative lateral flow test taken on the day of class, will be required for entry. For the time being we feel this is in everyone’s best interests due to the close nature of Salsa dancing – coupled with the fact that we may have vulnerable dancers with us, or dancers who have vulnerable family members.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry.
- Cancellations due to positive Covid tests, onset of Covid symptoms, or notifications to isolate will receive full refunds.
We are working to both ensure our dancers safety as well as create a fun welcoming atmosphere in class so at time of booking you will be asked how you prefer to dance in class as follows:
- Remain in couple (i.e. with the same partner all evening)
- Happy to bubble up with an additional dancer (i.e. a couple + an additional dancer if we have uneven numbers)
- Happy to rotate in class
We anticipate having a circle of dancers with a section of dancers who are staying with the same partner, a section of ‘bubbles’ of 3, and a section of ‘rotaters’.
It remains to be seen what works best but we hope to accommodate everyone’s desires in order that all attendees feel safe and welcome. This will no doubt be a work in progress so please bear with us as we find our feet – we have your best interests at heart.
Still isolating? Prefer to dance at home? This is for you!